1. Planning Phase – We discuss the project details and examine the expected risks and impacts. We perform a thorough system review to help you determine which data needs to be transferred, such as address books, distribution lists and so forth.
2. Email Repository – Before you cut over to the new system, we build a repository of your emails and attachments. This application-independent archive reduces the risk of data loss and allows for eDiscovery requests during a migration.
3. Email Policies – Once we transfer your historical data to the repository, we help you set email migration and archiving policies.
4. Communication plan for end users – To minimize the impact on end users, we have prepared email templates to send throughout the process to set expectations.
5. Cut-over – Typically, the final migration step occurs over a weekend, requiring a few hours of email downtime. Because most of the data transfer happens in the background prior to cut-over, most users will experience little or no disruption of their work.